Unraveling the Paradox of Envy and Fulfillment

Admittedly, I used to feel envious of those who had retired and seemingly enjoyed a stress-free daily life after enduring the pressures of active work. However, now that I am retired myself, I find myself looking at active workers with a hint of envy. Active workers appear to be in a more advantageous position for fulfilling Maslow's higher levels of hierarchy needs, such as social needs, esteem needs, and self-actualization needs. This anecdote is a humorous and typical example of the saying: "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." Interestingly, I have recently heard that many retired individuals experience similar sentiments.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Power of Mind Mapping

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace: