Wisdom Gained Through Work, Relationships, and Contentment

Looking back on my past work experiences after retirement, like everyone else, I learned various invaluable lessons through my jobs and personal relationships. If I were to choose anything, I would say there were far more tough experiences than easy ones during that time, at least in my memory. However, this might be a matter of course, as toughness and adversity often bring more lessons and fulfillment after going through them than when things are going well. It would be a lie if I said that there was nothing I should have done differently or that I didn't have any regrets. However, when I consider the importance of contentment, these words that might seem like regrets tend to disappear from my mind. A long time ago, I read G. Kingsley Ward's "Letters of a Businessman to His Son" from the perspective of the author's son. Now, I truly understand the author's earnest desire to pass on what he learned through his work to the next generation.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Power of Mind Mapping

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace: