How Memory Shapes Morning Inspirations

During my morning walk, it often happens spontaneously that a new essay's subject and the contents to be written down pop into my mind. I have no choice but to rely on my short-term memory to remember them. As you might guess, there are times when I forget the subject by the time I arrive back home. However, on those fortunate occasions when I do recall the subject, a rough outline quickly forms in my mind. This may be because the content has become deeply associated with the subject as I construct its structure through effort, and this information is stored in my working memory. The reverse situation, where I recall the content first and then the subject comes up, rarely occurs. When I used to work in an office, I found it very stressful to depend on my unreliable short-term memory. Therefore, I would either immediately begin or complete a task that needed to be done, or I would take notes. Today, I completely forgot what I initially intended to write about, which led me to compose this essay.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Power of Mind Mapping

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace: