Lessons from a High School Race Strategy

In retrospect, during a long-distance running race in my high school physical education class, I used to adopt a specific strategy. I positioned myself as a front-runner, adhering to my personal rule of thumb. My essential tactic involved gaining a head start and swiftly taking the lead at the outset. To maintain a steady breathing rhythm, I took two breaths in and exhaled twice. Once I secured my position at the front of the pack, I paid little attention to the runners behind me. Instead, I ran comfortably with light steps, all the while keeping my focus on a predetermined target located around 400 meters ahead. After reaching one target point, I promptly set my sights on the next one, also located around 400 meters away. I repeated this process until I reached the final goal. This racing method offered several advantages. It enabled me to maintain my pace without worrying about competing with other runners. Additionally, it allowed me to build self-confidence as I successfully achieved each target, and it contributed to a sense of comfort and fulfillment. Now, as I reflect on this approach through writing this short essay, I realize that it can be applied to the marathon called life.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Power of Mind Mapping

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace: