The Enduring Spirit and Wisdom of Age

Around 20 years ago, as part of my job, I had the opportunity to interview a mentor who was over 80 years old, yet possessed a sharp mind. This mentor had also worked for the same organization where I was employed. During the interview, in addition to discussing the main topic, he kindly shared insights on various subjects. Concerning the relationship between human ability and age, he remarked, "Although human physical strength and intellect reach their peak at a certain age, respectively, and then begin to decline, one's spirit will continue to grow if efforts are made to refine it. " Recently, I've been reflecting on these words and have also reaffirmed my commitment to leaving behind something valuable for younger generations. I am also determined to make continuous efforts to cultivate my spirit, aspiring to become a cheerful and sincere old individual, much like my esteemed mentor.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Power of Mind Mapping

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace: