The Evolution of My Reading and Viewing Habits: From Fiction to Reality and Back Again:

 

When I was a student, I used to spend a lot of my spare time reading novels and watching movies. However, once I started working, my reading habits shifted towards more practical books like technical and business literature, and I rarely indulged in fictional novels or movies. However, after I retired, my motivation to read practical books suddenly decreased, and I’ve recently started watching movies again. Watching masterpiece movies allows me to immerse myself in the protagonist's perspective, experiencing a range of emotions as the story unfolds. It's a unique feeling; whereas when I was young, I felt integrated with my brain, now I observe my brain empathizing fairly objectively. This sensation is entirely new to me. When I compare the character's actions with what I would do in their place, I gain insights into my own shortcomings and might even reconsider my beliefs.

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing the Scales

Finding Significance in Every Step

Nurturing the Cycle of Positive Emotions within the Human Heart