Unsung Heroes Among Us: A Tale of Everyday Good Deeds

 

This morning, I drove a little farther than usual and went for a walk in a different place. As I strolled, drawing energy from the nature around me, an elderly woman in jogging clothes briskly passed me. After a short distance, she stopped and squatted down to pick up something. Curious, I approached and saw her collecting plastic bottles and other trash, putting them in a small bag, and then resuming her run. It didn't seem like she was doing this as a job; rather, I guessed that she probably voluntarily cleaned up trash around the pond every day. This realization refreshed my heart. I saw a heroine doing good deeds in a place where no one was watching. Although I wanted to call out to her, the distance between us quickly widened. Reflecting on this encounter, I realized that heroes and heroines are all around us, even in the events of our daily lives.

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing the Scales

Finding Significance in Every Step

Nurturing the Cycle of Positive Emotions within the Human Heart