A Personal Journey Through Worry and Resolution

 

I believe many people have experienced the challenge of lying awake at night due to overwhelming worries, leading to physical and mental exhaustion. I, too, have faced this struggle. Despite knowing from various sources that most of our worries never materialize, I found it challenging to accept this conceptually and apply it practically to change my mindset. However, nothing seemed to work. To cope with these worries, I developed a method that involves first identifying the root cause of the worry. Then, I break down the identified issues directly related to the cause into smaller tasks, treating them as individual problems to solve. While implementing this problem-solving approach, I often encountered feelings of anxiety and negativity, which I consciously tried to overcome by addressing each small problem calmly and independently of these negative emotions. Gradually, I found that the problems became more manageable, step by step. Moreover, I realized that dwelling on my worries before bedtime only perpetuated a vicious cycle. To break this cycle, I made a conscious effort to postpone my worries until the next morning (a form of productive procrastination), when I could address them with a fresh perspective and a clearer mind. Additionally, I have found solace in prayer, which has been a significant source of comfort and has helped alleviate my worries.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Power of Mind Mapping

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace: