Embracing Change: A Reflection on Flowers, Perspective, and Environment

 

I'm embarrassed to admit that for the first time since retiring, I've become keenly aware of the vast array of flower types. About a year ago, I began sharing photos of flowers I casually captured each day on X. I've developed a habit of instinctively approaching and photographing flowers with my smartphone whenever I encounter them outdoors. While it feels somewhat personal to mention, this experience has underscored for me how people's perspectives, interests, and behaviors can change as their circumstances change. Conversely, if you desire to alter your thinking and behavior, one effective method is to change your environment or circumstances, for better or for worse. In Japan, there's a saying that suggests one's position and environment shape a person, and my experience aligns with this sentiment.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace:

The Journey to a Minimalist Lifestyle