Embracing the Present: Discovering Nature's Beauty in Retirement

 

Since I retired, I've noticed for the first time the abundance of different flowers blooming in my neighborhood throughout the year. I'm often amazed by the variety of colors and shapes within the same species. During my busy life before retirement, I rarely had the mental space to pause, step outside, and admire the flowers, let alone take pictures of them. This shift in my mindset post-retirement has led to new discoveries and appreciations of nature. Recently, I've been particularly struck by the beauty and variety of hydrangeas. Before retiring, my thoughts were constantly occupied with the future, but now I find myself focusing more on the present. I'm not suggesting that one way of living is better or worse than the other, but I believe it's important to live naturally, like a river flowing, without resisting these changes in our state of mind.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Power of Mind Mapping

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace: