Lessons from a Strained Back: The Importance of Posture and Safety

 

Earlier today, while bending down to place some light luggage in the trunk of my car, I felt a sharp, electric-like pain in my lower back. I had strained my lower back slightly. This experience reminded me of safety slogans related to back pain at construction sites in Japan, such as, "What you do depends on your posture both mentally and physically," "Don't try to carry heavy items by yourself; have two people carry them," and "I didn't want to be friends with my back pain, but my back pain became my friend." These slogans resonated strongly with me. Fortunately, after taking a nap, I recovered about 50%.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Power of Mind Mapping

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace: