The Dual Edge of Career Advancement: Skills Gained and the Risk of Overconfidence

 

Generally speaking, as people advance in an organization, their responsibilities gradually increase, leading to more complex problems and tougher decision-making. Consequently, mental stress rises due to the constant pressure. However, upon reflecting on my working years after retirement, I realized that my daily work served as practical training for problem-solving and decision-making. This allowed me to hone my management wisdom and skills. Naturally, even if I didn't fully appreciate it at the time, these skills and wisdom have proven to be quite valuable in my post-retirement life as well. Of course, it is important not to become overconfident in our abilities and skills based on limited work experience.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Power of Mind Mapping

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace: