Weather's Emotional Symphony

I believe you are referring to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, a psychological theory of motivation that consists of a five-tier model of human needs: 

1) physiological needs, 

2) safety and security needs, 

3) social needs    (love/belongingness needs), 

4) esteem needs, and 

5) self-actualization needs. 

Looking back, I realize that during my time at work, I didn't fully grasp the true meaning of Maslow's theory. That's because I was always part of an organization where those needs were relatively easily fulfilled. However, after retirement, the situation changed dramatically, and I came to understand the theory's true meaning. I experienced a certain degree of lacking a sense of belonging and had to discover new purposes in life. Now, it's time for me to apply the theory to my own life in an empirical manner.

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Purpose in Retirement

The Wisdom of Japanese Proverbs: Leading by Example in Parenting and the Workplace:

The Journey to a Minimalist Lifestyle